This is a staff which appears to be made of twisting wood with a tiny living tree on the top. Attuned to Varet.
- Functions as a +1 quarterstaff.
- Provides +1 on any spell attack roll.
- Pass without Trace can be used at will.
Has 10 charges which can be used for various effects. Regains 1d6 +4 charges daily at dawn. Using charges is a bonus action unless otherwise noted.
- Spend 2 charges to cast Barkskin
- Spend 5 charges to add 10 points of pure energy damage to the next spell cast. This energy cannot be reduced by any type of resistance or damage reduction.
- As an action, drive staff into ground and call on the power of the earth. All remaining charges on staff are used, and staff grows into a huge Treant, as showing in the monster manual with the following exceptions. Treant does not gain Animate Trees ability. Treant has a number of hit points equal to 10 times the number of charges spent. Treant lasts for 1 hour, or until reduced to 0 hit points. Giving it a new direction or changing its orders is a bonus action.
When the wielder reaches level 10, the staff becomes sentient. The tree at the top of the staff sprouts leaves each morning that fall at dusk. These leaves can be collected and brewed into potions. Alignment matches wielder. If away from wielder for more than 24 hours, it plants roots into the ground and alters itself to appear as a normal sapling. Communicates by transmitting emotions to wielder when carried. Can hear and see surroundings out to 30ft, normal vision.
Bonzai Staff gains the following abilities:
Int – 11
Wis – 16
Cha – 13